Select one of the frequently asked questions below to learn more about buying, selling, and renting real estate. Also, begin to think about important things to consider when diving into your real estate search.
Question about renting
When is Rent due?
Your rent is ALWAYS due on the first day of the month. Your rent is late as of midnight on the first. There is a grace period in your lease, if your rent is not received by the end of the grace period, your account will automatically be charged a late fee of $50. The late fee is due with your rent payment.
How do I pay my rent?
- Cash is NOT ACCEPTED, you may pay via money order, cashier’s check or online.
- ACTIVATE YOUR ONLINE PORTAL!You should have received an email to setup and activate your online portal, please remember to check your junk/spam mail folder if you have not received it. You can also Email us at Accounting@StreamlinedPropertyManagement.com to request access. (Please include your name and your address) We will email or text you with a login to your own secure tenant portal. You will create a password and can start paying right away.
- eCheck ($2.00 Convenience Fee) / Credit Card (3.5% Convenience Fee)– You can login to our website www.streamlinedpropertymanagement.com and click on Tenant Log-In and pay online as well as view your account balance.
- You can mail/drop offyour rent in to our office. Make sure you write payable to: Streamlined Property Management and your address/unit # on the memo of your money order or check.
What happens if I don’t pay my rent?
You should notify our accounting department IMMEDIATELY by calling our office at 239.248.3238. Failure to communicate with our office can and will typically incur a 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent. If no response and/or communication to work out a payment can be reached, the account will be sent over for eviction proceedings.
What is considered an emergency?
An emergency is defined as a maintenance problem that will cause a safety hazard to residents, or an imminent damage to property, so that fixing it cannot wait until the next business day. A few examples would be an overflowing toilet, a broken pipe, or sudden electrical short. If there is a power outage, call the electric company in your area first to see if there is a general power outage in the area.
How do I report a repair?
Email a “Maintenance Request” to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 239.238.3828. Please note that if there is a problem, which was caused by you or your guests, such as an inappropriate item flushed down the toilet, you will be charged for the repair.
When I move out, how can I get my security deposit back? Can I use my deposit for my last month of rent?
Security deposits are not to be applied to rent. The purpose of a security deposit is to pay for any damage caused by the tenant or their guests. If you do not pay last month’s rent, you will be subject to eviction proceedings. You are entitled to an accounting of your security deposit as well as the appropriate refund, within 30 days of your moving out of the unit, if there will be a claim on your deposit. If there won’t be a claim, your refund check will be ready for pick up 15 days after move out.
I can’t get into my house, I lost my keys, what can I do?
You can call a locksmith at your own expense or can call the office during business hours to pick up a spare at an extra charge.
My roommate wants to move out but I want to stay, what should I do?
This is a very common situation and there are 2 ways to address it.
1) You can replace your current roommate with a new one: This new roommate will need to fill out a complete application, send in their most recent month of paystubs and ID to be screened. In the case they are approved a change is made.
2) You want to keep the unit by yourself: You will need to send in your most recent month of paystubs showing that you can afford that unit by yourself. If approved then your roommate will be removed from the lease. In both cases the security deposit is handling between the roommates as the office won’t release any deposit unless all roommates move out. The remaining tenant and vacating tenant, both, will be required to sign a tenant vacating form.
I want to change the color of the paint in my unit and make other changes, may I do this?
As part of the lease agreement, renovations made by a tenant are only permissible with written approval by Streamlined Property Management as well as the owner. You may, of course, hang paintings of your choice on the wall, provided you repair the holes upon vacating the unit. This rule against renovation without permission applies to all renovations, including changing your carpeting or other flooring, installation of built in appliances, etc. Please do not affix a satellite dish or other antenna to the roof, without acquiring permission first, as you will be charged for any damages to the roofing.
I want to add an additional person to the lease, what do I do?
You should contact the office and the new tenant will need to fill out an application and send in their ID with the most recent month of pay stubs; once approved you and the new tenant will sign a Tenant Addition Addendum
Can I get a pet?
Yes, pets are allowed (at owner’s discretion, depending on size and breed). You may be charged a pet deposit or a pet fee. You will also need to sign a Pet Addendum. Additional renters’ insurance is required that includes pets and names owner as additional insured.
I want to break the lease, what do I do?
The lease is a legal binding contract for one year. Check your lease for an Early Termination Addendum. Depending if you have an Early Termination Addendum and which option you chose; you may be required to keep all utilities on and pay rent until a new tenant has occupied the unit. Contact the office to further discuss.